DEVOTIONAL MESA: 2-day Sacred Drum birthing workshop. Sacred Drums send our prayers out into the world, and beyond…to our Teachers, Guides, Gurus…to Spirit. In this 2-day class, we will be creating a portable altar space, specifically individualized for your personal spiritual journey.This ceremonial workshop encompasses two days of on-site drum-making. We will open the space with a ceremony honoring the intelligence and life forms “beyond the veil.” You will hear stories of drum-birthing, messages from Great GrandMother Cedar and the Ancient Tree People who are reaching out to us right now, longing for us to return to Their feet.You will receive teachings of the Sacred Circle of the Drum…Inner, Outer, and Mesa. We will move through the elements, earth, air, fire, and water as a connection and ceremonial point. You will learn about and touch the Heartwood of who you are. You will also learn about “Going Peregrine…beyond the borders” of ordinary consciousness, and your Sacred Drum’s role in that.The apex of this workshop will be bringing to life a Sacred Drum birthed by your own hands and heart.We will move through…
- Ceremonial Opening and Altar Creation.
- The power of gathering and Sacred Drumming.
- Ancient sacred songs with the Drum.
- Guided Inner Pilgrimage to meet the Spirits of the Forest.
- Significance and creation of the Inner and Outer Sacred Circle.
- Inner Pilgrimage to meet Those waiting to assist you.
- Giving life to your Sacred Drum.
- Birthing of the Drums.
- Inner Pilgrimage to meet the Spirit of your Sacred Drum.
- Drums and Sacred Play.
- Ceremonial Closing.
- Suggestions for continuing the pathwork at home: meditations, journaling, and drumwork.
- Access to a private Facebook group for Sacred Drum makers, where we share our Drums, thoughts, experiences, our most powerful places to drum, and community drum gatherings.
Your registration includes all supplies…
- Ceremonially blessed Sacred Drum kit.
- Beautifully hand-crafted 16-inch round hoop.
- Drum head and lacings, that have been soaked in the sacred waters of the four directions around Mt. Olympus in the Pacific NW.
- A finished Sacred Drum stick.
- Prayer ribbons.
Research reviews indicate that drumming enhances recovery through inducing relaxation and enhancing theta-wave production and brain-wave synchronization. Drumming produces pleasurable experiences, enhanced awareness of preconscious dynamics, release of emotional trauma, and reintegration of self. Drumming alleviates self-centeredness, isolation, and alienation, creating a sense of connectedness with self and others. Drumming provides a secular approach to accessing a higher power and applying spiritual perspectives. — Michael Winkelman, PhD, MPH